About this role
Brunel is currently searching for an Accounting Supervisor for a direct hire role to join our client in The Woodlands, TX area. This role will be work remotely until further notice. Then the role will report to the office M-F.
The Accounting supervisor will work for the parent organization supporting subsidiary entities with month end deliverables, financial reporting, monthly/quarterly reporting, supporting budgeting and forecasting, and supporting projects to improve accounting systems, processes, and controls.
This position will work closely with the CFO and act as the corporate office liaison between other accounting teams in the subsidiary companies. The CFO is currently handling this role himself so he will be relying on this person to take charge of these duties. This will give you an opportunity to learn from the top tier of executives in the company and become an important part of the corporate team.
This role will not only be responsible for the below listed duties but they will be in charge of consolidating financial reports, Manage company liquidity, and manage/oversee multiple entities at once.
- Month end close processing and reporting deliverables;
- Preparation of month end journals, including prepayments, accruals and allocations;
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register, including calculation of depreciation, journals and reconciliation of fixed assets register to general ledger;
- Preparation of monthly consolidation entries;
- Preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany reconciliation;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, including commentary and variance analysis of financial results against budget/forecast;
- Review of General Ledger account balances for accuracy (coding of expenses, intercompany charges, OPEX /CAPEX, Project Accounting, etc.);
- Quarterly, Half Year, and Year End reporting deliverables;
- Assist in annual audit, including preparation of audit file/schedules, gathering information as requested and fielding questions from the auditors;
- Oversight of accounts payable processing;
- Preparation of detailed schedules for the annual tax returns;
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget, including ongoing forecasting as required;
- Assist with preparation of accounting papers as required for management or audit purposes.
- 5 – 10 years of experience (Big 4 / public accounting highly regarded; CPA license highly regarded);
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, business or related field;
- General accounting knowledge (Cash, AP/AR, Fixed Assets, Projects, Tax, Revenue, Inventory);
- Knowledge of financial close, financial reporting, audit, and internal controls;
- Knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite implementation experience highly regarded);
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel (including forecasting/modeling experience).
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can
be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting
your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with
on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what
we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of
interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast
array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kyle Castillo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston