About this role
We’re hiring a Contract Administrator for our client, a multinational Mining company, to join their team. This is a 4 to 6 month contract with long-term potential.
- Responsible for analysis and validation of construction and service contract invoices, confirming invoices are in accordance with contract terms, provincial laws and regulations
- Solid analytical skills, and execution of invoice attestation requirements for a cost reimbursable Shaft Lining Contract
- Prepare, analyze and research data for project reporting & control
- Generate and present reports on findings
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to quickly identify, propose and implement corrective actions for identified gaps
- Contribute to overall effectiveness of team by ensuring quality of routine tasks, data collection and presentation as required for key decision making
- Maintains an awareness of relevant contractual agreements and/or relationships and ensures that they are appropriately leveraged on the project
- Identifies and implements improvement initiatives, including programmatic opportunities for increased efficiency and productivity in the function
- Provides input to value improvement practices for the program scope
- Archives and stores commercial documents, i.e. formal correspondence with a contractor at all stages of the contract lifecycle
- Ability to make judgments based on practice and previous experience. Ability to assess the validity and applicability of previous or similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances that are not covered by procedures
- Capable of assessing multiple sources of data and complicated situations/matters in a detailed manner to provide recommendations to progress and resolve
- Works in a fast paced environment with ability to respond to changing priorities from different levels of the organization
- Capability of working independently, while maintaining firm deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration or similar field
- 3+ years’ experience in an administration capacity
- 3+ years’ experience in cost analytics
- Preference to those with construction or energy projects experience
- Advanced computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP
- Experience in Contracts and/or Legal Departments
- Comfortable working on a site / staying on site
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills.
- Works in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform under stress and meet tight deadlines.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement