About this role
You'll be supporting the EHS function across multiple locations, developing and implementing EHS polices, and providing expert level guidance for all environmental and safety regulations.
This role offers a great salary, bonus structure, benefits, and room for growth. A relocation package is available for the right candidate.
The EHS Director will develop and implement policies and procedures for environmental, safety, and health topics for employees working in high risk positions. Provides advice and recommendations for maintaining team safety and environmental protection for all assets. Manages EHS audit schedules and requirements to ensure internal and government standards on environmental health and safety are met. Responsible for compliance with environmental, health, and safety policies. Analyzes audit results and develops new policies and changes to existing internal policies to ensure compliance. Reviews issued EHS reports to identify data inconsistencies and trends concerning employee incidents.
- Provide EHS leadership and strategic direction for a growth-oriented, midstream energy company
- Engages key local and state regulatory proponents, collects information on issues and communicates compliance changes to internal teams;
- Ensure corporate safety and environmental management systems are developed and implemented to mitigate company risks.
- Report directly to the Sr. VP of Operations while guiding and supporting the CEO on implementing a companywide EHS vision.
- Ensure Operational compliance with all regulations, i.e. OSHA, PSM, RMP, EPA, Etc.
- Conduct incident investigations and provided technical expertise in root cause analysis.
- Provide safety and environmental input on facility design, construction, and change management.
- Provide environmental, safety, and regulatory (ESR) input and execution support on growth and maintenance capital projects.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
- Certified Safety Professional or related accreditation is preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and guidelines a plus.
- Working knowledge or Environmental regulations for local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a Environmental, Safety and Health leadership role with a Midstream company. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Managing the Environmental and Safety for multiple department functions with an operational focus on gathering and processing plants, natural gas systems, natural gas process treatment facilities, as well as upstream assets.
- Decisions typically related to implementation of department strategy, intradepartmental coordination, and business outcomes.
- Working within broad guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge of multiple functions to solve complex problems which may have long-term impact on the department.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
You'll be working for a great, stable organization with a strong parent company backing them. The company is focused on gas gathering, processing and treatment of natural gas, along with other midstream services. You will be part of a very impressive team with various backgrounds from the midstream and upstream industries.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kyle Castillo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement