About this role
We’re hiring Embedded Systems Designer to work with our client, a company who physical simulation consoles for surgeons. This is a permanent role located in Montreal.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams of software, mechanical, and electrical engineers to design mechatronic systems;
- Contribute to the firmware development for electro-mechanical systems;
- Support electronic product design and work independently on hardware specifications and validation plans;
- Support the design of electro-mechanical systems applying knowledge of digital and analog circuitry;
- Design battery protection and portable power systems;
- Carry out electronics prototype production for small and medium runs.
- At least 5 years of experience as an Embedded Systems Designer;
- Knowledgeable of microprocessors to design embedded systems;
- Experience with schematic capture, layout, with good EMI / EMC practices;
- Hardware troubleshooting and associated skills like soldering, electronic measurements with laboratory tools;
- Knowledge of DFM, DFT, hardware testing and validation processes;
- Experience low level firmware design;
- Experience with power electronic design;
- Intermediate experience with object-oriented programming;
- Experience with driver development;
- Knowledge of: Embedded C/C++, Alitum, KiCAD.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary