About this role
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner working for our client who are a large mining company in Elko, Nevada. This is a permanent position, salary, bonus, great benefits and relocation assistance.
- Ensure all programs, actions and approaches support the organization’s goals for safety and sustainability;
- Act as a liaison between employer and employee to resolve employee and labor relations matters;
- Effectively handle employee complaints and/or grievances and escalate these complaints when necessary;
- Manage complex employee and labor relations issues to resolutions, conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations related to workplace matters;
- Consult with business leaders on findings and/or recommendations regarding employee and labor relations matters; coach managers and serve as a sounding board on people-related decisions; mitigate risks;
- Provide timely and efficient responses to all day to day human resources queries from employees and managers;
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the operational divisions and other human resources support groups to develop solutions, programs and policies;
- Utilize key partners in HR (e.g., Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management) to bring resolution to complex employee and talent related issues and ensure consistency in program framework and implementation in functional areas;
- Provide direction and support to all levels of management, particularly in employee engagement, change management, and leadership;
- Participate in various HR projects as business needs allow;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; emphasis in Human Resources desirable;
- 5+ years of broad-based Human Resources experience preferably as an HR generalist or business partner or equivalent combination of education and experience required;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a unionized environment dealing with grievances required;
- Minimum of 2 years in mining, construction, utilities, or other heavy industry experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Human Resources function with the ability to learn, use and administer the organization’s HR policies and strategies required;
- Strong business partner experience in making a positive impact on the business by understanding and working with the management team anticipating future needs of the business and recommending HR solutions required.
Why apply through Brunel?
Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Join the Brunel Family
Large gold mining company.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement