About this role
We’re actively a Senior Project Manager for this permanent role. You’ll lead full project life-cycle project management from RFQ and bid through to project completion. There’s a significant focus on business development for San Antonio, Texas.
Our client provides craft services (this includes insulation, scaffolding, painting, coating, etc.). You’ll primarily serve customers in Oil & Gas, Chemical/Petrochemical, and/or Power, depending on the locations. You must have 8+ years of industrial cost estimating and project management experience.
If you are ready to take control, lead the team, find new customers and develop the business, you’ll thrive here. You’ll have P&L responsibility, assess project scope and cost, and client ownership.
In this Project Manager position you will be responsible for business development and project management. You’ll be evaluating projects, performing due-diligence and cost estimations.
You’ll be actively tracking potential proposals, then bidding and submitting on them in a timely manner. You’ll be balancing profits and losses (P&L), mentoring and supervising other less experienced project managers. You must demonstrate strong project management skills and exceptional customer service.
As the project management team lead you will present yourself in a professional manner at all times, demonstrating sound judgement, strong management and leadership skills.
Main Task Responsibilities
- Business development: sourcing proposals with new customers and extending business with current clients, preparing bids and proposals, tracking competitors
- Project management : from work plans to planning resources, day-to-day operations, quality assurance and managing job sites for safety, equipment maintenance and general appearance
- Project accounting : from tracking team hours to reviewing customer credit applications, you’ll manage the project budget to deliver profitable margins, bill rates and ensure collections
- Financial management : all forecasting and ensuring project legal documents are completed
- Technical understanding : quickly gain a thorough understanding of the Company’s competitive position, recognize project scopes, liabilities and opportunities
- Client management : day-to-day client interaction, developing relationships and ensuring project satisfaction, continually seeking opportunities for further business
- Communication : you’ll conduct meetings that inform and gain insights from your team. You will be the key point of contact within the organizations on project information for Senior Managers and for general corporate information down to your people.
- Leadership : acting as a role model and mentor, leading by example and inspiring your colleagues to attain goals and achieve excellence. Managing each individual’s development by assigning project tasks that are in line with their career interests
- Development : you’ll conduct regular performance reviews, support career development and source training (formal and informal), addressing issues swiftly and effectively. Enforcing standard safety and HSE
Through your actions you will demonstrate an emphasis on continuous improvement, you must be open to innovation and change, in order for your operations to stay at the forefront of emerging industry practices.
Your professional expertise
- At least 10 years of industrial cost estimating and project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or combination of education/experience.
- Ability to manage large projects throughout different geographical locations.
- Able to manage projects from cradle to grave
Other qualifications may be required depending on discipline (N.A.C.E III etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong customer relation skills
- Above average computer skills
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Imran Walji is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement