About this role
We are hiring an Intermediate Electrical Engineer for our client an Australian Engineering company focused on leading mining projects.
- Perform engineering and electrical systems studies, design, failure investigations and analysis, technical evaluations, cost estimates, and options analysis for new equipment or modifications to existing equipment and systems.
- Ensuring design work interfaces will with that of other disciplines;
- Electrical systems analysis and design;
- Recommending changes in plans and specifying estimated costs;
- Consulting with other departments, suppliers and contractors to clarify specifications;
- Evaluate supplier’s proposals and deliverable documentation
- Prepare technical reports, tender documentation and field support (including commissioning/site inspection).
- Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis, budget estimates) comply with applicable regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound engineering practices.
- Experience with building electrical systems; fire alarms, public address, security, lighting & communications systems; fibre network, data network, computer room.
- Review drawings to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with QA/QC programs.
- Ensure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner to a high-quality including engineering stamped drawings and preparing final reports.
- Direct and mentor junior staff.
- Recognized undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Working towards the P.Eng designation in the Province of Ontario is preferred.
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in design of electrical systems within Municipal, Utility, Transportation & Mining projects. Experience working within an EPCM environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge with Canadian Electrical Code, Ontario building codes. NFPA, CSA S524 standards. Familiarity with international standards is advantageous.
- Familiar with Power system study software such as ETAP, SKM, Easy Power
- Construction site service experience & working directly with client is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, planning and organizing abilities with excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto