About this role
We’re hiring a Liaison Engineering, Designer for our client to join their team. This is a 12-month contract position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
- Leads all Post Processing efforts
- Work closely with design contractors and project managers to ensure all shipbuilding requirements are met
- Ensure adequate design reviews are performed and documented
- Prepare engineering analysis of design and prepare technical reports
- Debug Plants Machine and review feasibility of design
- Prepare Manufacturing information for all Plant’s cutting machines and Forming
- Drive pipe spool post processing effort in support of outsourcing efforts.
- Provide technical support and resolution for structural and outfitting problems encountered during and after fabrication
- Leads import of Catalog Data Base in support of Product Model Development.
- Develop and communicate the plan and budget for delivering the work on time, and manage the cost and resources
- Supports Production outputs to ensure the resulting work packages for manufacturing are in alignment with VSY standards.
- Marine Engineering degree or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years in depth experience in Detailed Design in Shipbuilding (or related Industry).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software and document control systems
- Preference for knowledge with ShipConstructor, Rhino, NavisWorks and SharePoint
- Ability to register with APEGBC as EIT or P.ENG
- Demonstrated effective communication across a variety of disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of ShipConstructor and AutoCAD software, NCPyros, Columbus, HGG ProCAM, NUPAS, document control systems and SQL database management.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Rhino, NavisWorks and SharePoint
- Above average organizational skills including the ability to maintain organization in a changing environment, multi-task and establish priorities
- Commit to a high standard of safety and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Exercise sound judgements and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions and corporate philosophy
- Advanced PC and Network proficiency required – ability to troubleshoot network licenses, version control across all MSOffice products and LISP programming
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement