About this role
We’re hiring a Marketing Manager focused on the Animal Companion portfolio- for our client, a pharmaceutical company, to join their team. This is a full time opportunity.
- Develop creative, sales-generating brand marketing plans based on sound strategy and analysis. Execute those plans flawlessly and with strict adherence to expense guidelines. Key elements to marketing plans include;
- Promotional campaigns that communicate product value propositions, educate customers and build brand awareness (advertising, conference activities, KOL events, media tours/events);
- Promotional offers for customers that drive trial and reorders (purchasing incentives, rebates, loyalty programs, sampling);
- Develop compelling and effective marketing and selling tools that deliver clear, differentiating brand messages;
- Provide specific direction to the sales team on how to best use the tools to achieve goals, including detailers, educational brochures, staff training tools and promotional flyers;
- Maintain a close connection to the Territory Managers and Retail Business manager;
- Provide support with frequent communication and business updates, be responsive to their needs and provide the tools needed for them to execute plans;
- Build connections and relationships across the entire Companion Animal organization, both within the North American Zone and with colleagues in global headquarters;
- Work with the Global Marketing team to develop line extensions and product positioning, and create plans for local execution in Canada.
- Work collaboratively with other business channels to ensure alignment;
- Provide support to the commercial team in Canada as needed;
- Build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, both individuals and organizations that impact opportunity for growth and position as a market leader;
- Maintain accurate production forecasts for individual product SKUs;
- Learn and use forecasting tools provided and submit regular updates per scheduled timelines;
- Continually analyze market research and business results, strive to understand successes and challenges and quickly formulate appropriate actions to respond to identified opportunities;
- Regularly monitor trends within the category and develop effective and prompt plans to capitalize on market trends and respond to competitive threats;
- Manage relationship with all outside vendors who provide marketing support services including agencies, market research firms, promotion companies and fulfillment centers;
- Assist the Companion Animal BUM with portfolio development activities to create a complete, successful and enduring product range for the market;
- This includes strategic planning for products developed through our internal R&D efforts, as well as evaluation of new product opportunities presented by Business Development.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required. MBA preferred;
- 3 years of animal health marketing experience, including a strong background in developing and executing marketing strategy and plans;
- Other: Travel Estimated 25%. Some international travel may be required;
- Bilingual English/French is a plus.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement