About this role
Key Job Accountabilities
- Dimensional control inspector must oversee Contractor dimensional control activities from piece cutting till full jacket and TDD dimensional control;
- Each inspector assists the Company quality lead during day to day activities, inspections, technical audits and qualification processes of Contractors and subcontractors. In addition, he implements and communicate the Quality lead instructions;
- He coordinates his activity with the quality team and SHE team of Company and Contractor. He is able to forecast the upcoming activities for the week and prepare his monitoring activities;
- The inspector permanently visits the worksite and liaises with Contractor or subcontractors personnel .The inspector monitors the work progress from work-order control index to final inspection for his area. He highlight to his manager potential or actual delays or lack of resources;
- Each inspector shall review the Company specifications and ensure the specifications are perfectly known to him, for proper implementation;
- Each inspector knows construction drawings, procedures, plans, ITP ,material specifications, for all matters related to his discipline. Each inspector shall ensure that the latest revision of documents is used on site. He obtains and uses the necessary shop drawings. The inspector respectively ensures that accepted modifications are implemented as per revised drawings;
- For any quality issues that he notices, the inspector shall immediately inform the quality lead or the quality lead and will issue a related NCR upon request. Each inspector follows up in the resolution of NCR relevant to his discipline and area, expedite for implementation of corrective and preventive actions. He reports lessons learned when applicable;
- The inspector checks and ensures that traceability of material is implemented and stamped, that proper material is used with appropriate certificates;
- The inspector respectively reviews welding maps, welding sequence and NDT plan for acceptance related to Welding or NDT ( depending on his NDE certification). Each inspector respectively checks that only agreed consumables, tools and test equipment are properly used preserved, maintained and provided with valid certificates. He request the welding engineer assistance when necessary;
- Each inspector keeps an updated list of approved welders and WPS. The inspector respectively checks that all welders performing welding activities, all welding parameters and all WPS comply with those approved by COMPANY for that particular welding activity. If not, the inspector shall stop the work and inform immediately his manager. Each inspector respectively ensures and follows-up traceability of welds and welders;
- Each inspector respectively witnesses the visual inspections prior to and after welding as well as the dimensional control of the welded assembly;
- Each inspector reviews and signs welding, dimensional control or inspection reports from Contractor on behalf of COMPANY and maintains a file copies. Each inspector implements the inspection release note as per ITP;
- Each inspector assist for the preparation and review of the final documentation
- Each inspector assist the trainees to develop their project skills and experience while being on site;
- The inspector adheres to, promotes and follows the HSE company policy. The inspector shall issue at least one observation card every day and inform the HSE manager with any relevant HSE issues he notices. He stops work when he witness unsafe activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, or equivalent;
- Qualified CSWIP (or equivalent) welding inspector or higher.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 10+ years experience in structure and piping dimensional control with 3D Total station Machin. Must have full knowledge of set up and work with 3D Total station Machin. Exceent know of Offshore dimensional control specially jacket fabrication is manfadoty;
- 10+ years of experience in structure and welding fabrication (jackets) with experience in major offshore projects;
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry in the country of fabrication;
- Ability to understand and implement the inspection and test plan from material receiving inspection up to final inspection with documentation review;
- Ability to read/understand design/ shop drawings;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact in a multicultural environment. Ability to prepare a daily report;
- Monitoring of load-out, transport and offshore installation experience is a plus;
- High pressure piping fabrication for riser, installation ,testing and preservation is a plus;
- Valid Bosiet is a plus. Familiar with MWS requirement is a plus;
- Valid NDT qualification level 2 or higher (RT, UT, PAUT, MPI, PT) is a plus.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement