About this role
We’re hiring a Planner / Scheduler for our client, a large Oil and Gas company, to join their team. This is a 12 month contract with long-term potential.
This key analytical role is for an experienced planner/scheduler who will develop a detailed Primavera based delivery plan covering both Operations Readiness and Business Readiness scopes and produce monthly reports.
- Assure compliance from the seven control areas owners and their teams that conform the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) providing clear instructions for its planning, scheduling and progress control and reporting activities.
- Analyzing progress and planning data from the control areas owners and activity responsible individuals and convert this into a clear view on the progress and lookahead of the work needed in the next month.
- Assist in creating and keeping up to date dashboards to give the IAP BOM, Asset Director and Asset LT progress insights per various control areas in the L1/L2 and L3 of the IAP.
- Compile monthly progress updates and forecast completions into the IAP L1/L2/L3 schedule and monthly presentations
- Perform audits on actual progress statements from the IAP control areas owners to validate progress.
- Perform trend analysis based on available progress and quantity reporting• Support IAP schedule risk analysis and scenarios sensitivities
- Assess the schedule impact of requested variations requests
- Participate in regular meetings with control areas owners and third parties regarding planning matters
- Degree or Technical diploma in Engineering, Construction management, Commerce, business or similar field project management
- 10+ years of experience in planning engineering, construction, CSU or Turnaround activities
- 10+ years of experience in petrochemical industry
- Project Management or Controls professional certification is desirable
- Well-versed analyzing large amount of data to provide concise technical reports in easyto-understand formats
- Worked on at least 1 mega project for several years with preference towards direct planning experience across commissioning, start-up and reaching stable operation
- Hands-on experience of Primavera and demonstrable database abilities (ability to convert data into information)
- Proven stakeholders (internal and external partners) engagement and communication skills
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary