About this role
Brunel have been engaged on behalf of our EPCM Client to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Project Cost Controller for a contract position through until the end of 2021, supporting our Clients site-based team on a 3/1 roster flying to Adelaide.
- Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary.
- Prepare cost budgets from the cost estimate, and update them on approval of contract changes and budget transfers.
- Disseminate budget information to all operating groups, providing clarification and additional information where necessary and ascertaining commitment to budgets as the cost target.
- Generally instilling cost awareness in the project in the project organisation such that capital costs are controlled and changes to work scope are identified and quantified.
- Identify and analysing deviations and trends against the budgets. Investigating such deviations with the relevant group and advising Construction Manager/ Project Control Manager of issues requiring corrective action.
- Establish and maintaining all cost recording documentation, providing comprehensive cost analysis and preparing forecasts of final construction costs.
- Review overall project status and forecasts with Construction Manager / Project Control Manager as required.
- Bachelor's degree or similar qualification preferably in commerce / finance / accounting.
- 5+ years of work experience in Project accounting, contract management, cost controlling or relevant knowledge preferably in EPC environment.
- Knowledge of project costing;
- Ability to produce cost forecasts;
- Ability to extract from contract documents requirements of cost control and invoicing;
- Ability to use standard costing packages and Microsoft packages, especially spreadsheets and databases;
- Ability to produce reports and status documents to a fixed timetable;
- Ability to work autonomously.
- ASAP Start
- 3:1 FIFO Roster
- Contract until end of 2021 with possibility of extension
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Mitchell is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth