About this role
Our client is seeking a Data Analyst for a Full-Time, contract opportunity. This position is a six month contract opportunity with the potential for extension or conversion to a permanent staff position. This position will be 50 / 50 WFH and at the office.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining critical business intelligence metric products in support of Canadian Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy vessel construction projects. This position focuses on ensuring that our client is able to maximize the accessibility of and business value derived from key organizational data. This includes both development of new analytics, and support of analytics users throughout the business as well as the development of innovative new methods of collecting, analyzing, presenting, or actioning data.
- Validates data sources, transformations, and analysis against reference data to ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness of derived reports.
- Completes data discovery and mapping of shipyard enterprise applications.
- Develops documentation of business requirements, data sources, infrastructure, and reports to provide clarity and context for data consumers throughout the shipyard.
- Optimizes and standardizes all stages of the data analysis process, from extraction through to modelling & visualization.
- Collaborates with and provides training and knowledge transfer to business end-users of reports and data sources.
- Collects, validates, interprets, and organizes various types of data into relevant metrics and reports and/or summaries for designated business objectives.
- Supports ad hoc and other unplanned analysis and reporting needs as determined by management priority and business
- Coordinates with Functional Department and Program Resources to define, collect and report departmental, program and shipyards level metrics.
- Builds data set requirements, metrics, data/report definitions and establishes reporting governance processes.
- Assists in building and maintaining data and data cleanup exercises.
- Acts as a Business Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (SME) by supporting team members in the use and interpretation of data and understanding of metrics and reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business or a relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and/or work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with business analytics, statistical analytics, KPI development and metrics reporting,
- preferably in a Program & Project Management environment with quantitative, financial or metric analysis on multiple large-scale data warehouses.
- Must have experience with Power BI Reports & Data Models, Power Apps, and some SQL queries.
- Experience with ground-up / full stack analytics solutions is an asset, including development of data sources, loading/transformation, analysis/modelling, reporting, and end user experiences.
- An understanding of Enterprise IT and cloud service infrastructure is advantageous.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI or SAP BI is beneficial.
- Experience with Azure Analytics Services, including Azure Analysis Services, is an asset.
- Experience with the Microsoft Power Platform, including Power Apps and Power Automate (Flow) is an asset
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement