About this role
We’re hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our client, a privately held laser manufacturing company. This is a permanent opportunity and requires candidates to be on-site.
- Assist with electrical safety audits of products as part of certification to CE and NFPA standards.
- Assist in 3rd party testing of products to meet EMC compliance requirements.
- Verify and document engineering performance.
- Perform circuit card level design and testing for both analog and digital circuit cards.
- Prepare and maintain design documentation including:
- Circuit card design specifications,
- Board-level test procedures and reports,
- System test procedures and reports,
- Schematic design and documentation,
- Wire harness layout and wire board design,
- Electrical component and vendor selection,
- Engineering change notices,
- Investigate and document hardware anomalies and failures.
- Provide guidance and support for service personnel.
- BSc in BSc in Electrical Engineering,
- 8+ years related experience
- Demonstrated experience with high voltage design (>1KV)
- Experience in surface mount PCB design,
- Knowledge of FPGA design,
- Experience in industrial power electronics
- Software - Altium, PLECS or Spice circuit modelling, C#, Altera Prime
- Analog and digital design experience (requirements definition, schematic capture, design analysis, board layout, integration in lab, qualification testing),
- Schematic capture, board layout and signal integrity analysis,
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem-solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt,
- Strong documentation skills,
- Design for EMI/EMC compliance,
- Custom power supply design,
- HV pulsed power modulator design
- Pulsed transformer design
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Maria Camanag is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement