About this role
We’re hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst for a 7-month contract opportunity with our highly successful state of the art manufacturing client located in Toronto, ON.
The Sr Financial Analyst will be a crucial part of a team that is responsible for leading the financial analysis and support for our client. The role will report to the Sr Finance & Pricing Manager and serve as the financial leader for the Diabetes and Hosted Capabilities functions providing budget management and qualitative/quantitative inputs for various business projects to maximize opportunities for our client.
Financial & Strategic Operations
- Financial lead for the Diabetes & Hosted Capabilities managing the P&L for products in all stages of lifecycle including launches and acquisitions
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the business and budget management in order to manage Revenue, OPEX and OID actuals to plan; making strategic tradeoffs where needed
- Collaborate closely with the Functional Leaders, Marketing, Forecasting and R&D teams
- Develop analysis to inform business cases and projects across the affiliate
- Understand the business implications of environmental and economic changes including PMPRB, public listings and competition
- Exemplify high integrity, fiscal responsibility and business ownership
Forecasting & Annual Business Planning Process
- Lead the annual business planning process for the Diabetes Business Unit & Hosted Capabilities
- Owner of the business plan process ensuring alignment and support across
- functions including Business Unit leader, marketing, sales, and affiliate leadership Thoroughly assess, challenge and recommend action on the strategic direction and financial submissions
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of multiple excel and SAP submissions to Corporate
Monthly Reporting, Accounting Support & Projects
- Prepare financial variances for month, quarter, and YTD results to corporate providing understanding of business drivers and risks
- Co-create monthly financial presentations and present financial results to senior leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Manage the account reclassifications and account reconciliations including accruals for the Diabetes Business Unit & Hosted Capabilities
- Support ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent (MBA or MSc in Finance or Economics is preferred)
- Five years of experience in finance or planning/budgeting role
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Action-oriented and demonstrated by managing complex projects in a fast-paced environment with changing and/or competing priorities
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary