About this role
- Generate requisitions for Structural material procurement and technical bids evaluation;
- Undertake necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions;
- Coordinate scope of work, cost estimates, budgets and technical dossiers for structure related activities;
- Input to the planning and organization and supervision of the offshore structural survey campaigns to ensure compliance;
- Assist the technical review of the bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly;
- Check and approve structural engineering deliverables received from Contractors for Basic / Detailed Engineering;
- Ensure that the Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and assure them regularly to achieve COMPANY quality expectations;
- Perform quality control of the Engineering Contractor (Supports, Geotech, weight and stress analysis, specifications, material list);
- Carry out simplified and detailed stress analysis calculations and checks [using both manual and recognized structural engineering software];
- Draw up and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards and COMPANY General Specifications;
- Follow-up Purchase Orders of structure material to ensure timely approval, conformity of design;
- Interact with Third Parties such as Certifying bodies, Marine Warranty Surveyor, Process, Piping and Instrumentation disciplines mainly and interface with Procurement Dept;
- Perform site visits when required for the planning and execution of a Construction activity;
- Coordinate with FO entity for the integration of new structural material in existing facilities and provide trouble shooting expertise in case of interference with existing equipment;
- Plan and conduct KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FO entity;
- Promote and support innovation and cost reduction initiatives in the structural discipline;
- Report to Structural Lead on a daily basis as well as when decisions impacting E&C activities require to be discussed.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s in civil / Structural Engineering – Master in a key area of expertise preferred;
- Recognized expertise in the field of Structural Engineering of oil & gas facilities;
- Min 15 years’ experience in offshore Structural Engineering covering Jacket and Topside offshore engineering, Design Offices and Fabrication facilities with mandatory offshore installation activity experience, Oil Company experience preferred;
- Strong knowledge of SIMOPS and brownfield projects.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha