About this role
Brunel Australasia are currently recruiting for a Wells Engineer. This role will be based out of our client’s operations in Melbourne. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a Global Leader within the Oil & Gas Industry.
You will be responsible for the engineering planning, design, surveillance, and follow-up required for the safe and efficient drilling and completing of drilling programs. Ensure well objectives are met whilst assuring the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety, and environmental protection are applied.
Responsible for the engineering planning, design, surveillance, and follow-up required for the safe and efficient drilling and completing of drilling programs.
- Research and understand drill well hazards by reviewing historical offset well information
- Utilise wellbore geologic and reservoir objectives to develop a well plan
- Prepare cost estimates for well design options
- Identify and organize equipment required to execute the drill well plan inclusive of material selection
- Design wells to meet regulatory requirements
- Prepare and analyse technical bids for goods and services
- Survey daily operations
- Provide rig site drilling and completion surveillance and engineering assessments of critical activities
- Provide surveillance and technical assistance for projects, equipment testing and new procedures
- Interface with and solicit input from operations personnel to ensure well plans are feasible
- Work closely with other functions, such as geology, reservoir and projects, to ensure that the program is based on all available information and meets well objectives
- Depending on the program, deep water experience may be required (knowledge of subsea systems, riser analysis, subsea well control systems, etc)
- B.S. degree in engineering or related technical field
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience requirements must be in deep water drilling operations
- Able to effectively organize and communicate thoughts
- Experience with well design software as well as Microsoft applications
- Industry experience with well planning and execution
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 40+ countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Brennan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane